Connect with us

ANNOUNCEMENT

2013 JAMB UTME results released, 12,110 results withheld

Published

on

JAMB-LOGO.jpeg

The 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results has been released by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

The Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, announced this at a news conference on the release of the results in Bwari, FCT, on Friday adding that the board, however, withheld 12,110 results for possible disciplinary action.

The registrar added that the board discovered some forms of malpractice propagated during the conduct of the examination after thorough processing of answer scripts of the candidates who sat for the examination,.

“However, the results of 68,309 candidates from various centres are undergoing further screening to ascertain the culpability of 12,110 candidates’ results.“

A total of 1,629,102 candidates applied to sit for the Paper Pencil Test (PPT), while 15,008 candidates applied for the Dual Based Test, bringing the number of candidates  to 1,644,110.

“The general performance of candidates in this year’s examination shows remarkable improvement compared with last year.

“Ten candidates scored 300 marks and above, while 127,017 candidates scored between 1-159 marks.

“About 40,692 candidates’ results were invalid due to either multiple shading or no shading at all.  After processing all the results, the board also discovered that about 47,974 candidates were absent.“

The registrar assured the candidates that their results could be accessed on the JAMB Website using their registration numbers at www.myjambresult.com.

Prof. Dibu Ojerinde gave a warning to the public against cyber/ internet fraudsters. He futher disclosed that about 40 centres would be screened to ascertain their culpability.

“Information reaching JAMB shows Internet fraudsters are already telling candidates that their results could be upgraded in one form or the other. “

This is pure deceit, the public and candidates are hereby advised to disregard these fraudsters since they do not have access to our data.

“Let me once again state that candidates are allowed to change their choices of institutions and courses once only, this change has to be effected within two weeks from today. “

Ojerinde urged students/candidates to reprint their e-registration slips afresh to further determine their CBT centres and assured that the Computer Based Test (CBT) is scheduled to take place from May 18 to June 1, 2013.

 

ANNOUNCEMENT

Mrs. Comfort Mbonu passes on

Published

on

Mrs. Comfort Mbonu passes on

The death has been announced of Mrs. Comfort Chikamnele Mbonu, wife of Mr. Ambrose Mbonu, a retired staff of Assumpta Secretariat, Owerri. She was aged 64.

Mrs. Mbonu was a renowned seamstress and popularly known as “Omenka” because of her professionalism in dress making.

A release signed by her family said her remains would be buried on Saturday September 12, 2020 after a funeral Mass at St. Anthony’s Catholic Parish Isiekenesi, Ideato South LGA, Imo State. She is survived by her husband, Mr. Ambrose Mbonu and children.

May her soul rest in peace.

Continue Reading

ANNOUNCEMENT

2020 FATHER’S DAY CELEBRATION HOLDS AUGUST 30

Published

on

2020 FATHER'S DAY CELEBRATION HOLDS AUGUST 30

This year’s rescheduled Father’s Day Celebration in Owerri Catholic Archdiocese will now take place in all the Parishes/Chaplaincies on Sunday, 30th August, 2020.

The President, Owerri Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Men Organization (OACCMO), Prince Faith Uche Iwuorisha, announced this to CMO members during their monthly general meeting held Saturday July 25. Prince Faith said he met with the Archbishop, Most Rev. Anthony J. V Obinna who approved the date to enable CMO members celebrate the Feast of their Patron Saint, Joseph in their various parishes.

“The event did not hold on 3rd May, 2020 as earlier scheduled due to Covid 19 pandemic lockdown and August 30 is the “D-day”, Prince Faith remarked.

He however called on parish executives to put in motion necessary machineries to ensure successful celebration and expressed his gratitude for the Archbishop’s fatherly consideration and approval of the date.

Continue Reading

ANNOUNCEMENT

Veteran journalist Nwariwe loses wife

Published

on

Veteran journalist Nwariwe loses wife

The death has been announced of Lolo Olivia Chizuru Nwariwe.

Late Lolo Olivia Nwariwe, wife of Chief Ifeanyi Nwariwe, a retired Deputy Director, News and Current Affairs of Imo Broadcasting Corporation, Owerri.

She was aged 59.

A release by the family said, her remains would be laid to rest on July 31, 2020 at Nwariwe compound, Umuezeala Uba Umuaka, Njaba LGA, after a funeral Mass at St. Mary’s Catholic Church Umuaka at 10am.

May her soul rest in peace.

Continue Reading

Trending