Southern Kaduna boils again as 12 persons killed in fresh attack

0
20

No fewer than twelve persons were feared dead in an exceedingly revived attack on Sunday at Aso village in Jema’a authorities space, regarding 250 kilometres from Kaduna, the capital.

President, Southern Kaduna People’s Union (SOKAPU) Dr. Solomon Musa United Nations agency confirmed it same one person was still missing and 3 critically injured.

The attack befell within the same village wherever 3 persons were reportedly killed by gunmen in February.

“Yes we have a tendency to area unit aware that gunmen attacked a village known as Aso on Christian holy day and killed twelve individuals, one remains missing whereas 3 others sustained variable degrees of injury. As at nowadays, things has been brought in restraint and that we simply pray and hope that each one this killings are going to be genuinely brought in restraint,” Musa said.

“They were armed with AK-47 riffles…they started shooting sporadically immediately they entered the village,” he said.

He said the latest attack was an indication that the security agencies could no longer protect them.

“We are now left with no option than to defend ourselves since the soldiers and policemen deployed to ensure safety of lives and property have failed us.”

Interim Management Committee Chairman of the Local government, Leo Shekari confirmed the attack, which he described as unfortunate.

“I have visited the scene and have also directed the Chief at the village to forward a comprehensive report of what actually happened and the magnitude of damage. For now, I cannot tell you in detail how many were killed or otherwise.”

He urged the locals to remain calm saying adequate security had been mobilised to the affected area.

Another witness revealed that the incident happened same day a peaceful coexistence meeting was held by the traditional council with the Fulani community in the village.

“The meeting ended amicably without any rancour until the unexpected happened later at around 6:30pm. Twelve persons died of bullet wounds when the attackers stormed the village and opened fire sparodically on innocent persons. Three injured persons were rushed to Kafanchan General Hospital. The incident took everyone by surprise because we were all in Easter mood.”

Efforts to speak with the Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Aliyu Usman were unsuccessful as he neither responded to calls nor short message to his mobile line as at press time.

While condemning the killings, Governor Nasir El-Rufai urged security personnel to redouble their efforts.

In a statement by his spokesperson, Samuel Aruwan, the governor, extended his acknowledgement to the families of the victims and charged security agents to redouble their efforts.

“Security agencies ought to redouble their efforts in fishing out those behind the killings, and act promptly on fastidiously vetted intelligence,” the statement same.

The governor additionally requested support from communities to the protection agencies.

“The Nigerian Army is ready to begin a serious operation labeled , ‘Operation Harbin Kunama II’… communities ought to give important data that might aid a sure-fire restriction on parts accountable for the phobia attacks on our citizens.”

In December, the federal deployed troops to southern Kaduna to finish the incessant attacks and killings, however the attackers have managed to strike on variety of occasions.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here